"The Mothers Out Front training on May 21st was an in-depth look at organizing. Organizing can seem overwhelming sometimes but these trainings break it down into manageable pieces." - Mary Lupien, Rochester
Session 1: Power Privilege and Difference
- Kathy Castania, a lead facilitator with the Opening Doors Diversity Project
- Ricardo Adams, community organizer and apprentice facilitator with the Opening Doors Diversity Project
Limit: 25 participants. Please RSVP!
Session 2: Building Power: Strategizing to grow our movement of mothers
- Neely Kelley, Mothers Out Front NYS Lead Organizer
- Lisa Marshall, Mothers Out Front Community Organizer, Southern Tier
- Wendy Low, Rochester COT, Bakken Research Team, Membership Taskforce, NYS Representative to National Leadership Team.
Logistics and Details:
Date: Saturday, October 8th
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 25 Westminster Rd, Rochester, NY 14607
Childcare: Provided. please do register yourself and your child
Breakfast: Coffee and tea, provided. Please bring a small food item to share for breakfast.
Lunch: Provided. Please let us know if you have dietary restrictions
- Please register by Wednesday, October 6th
- Limit 25 participants. Please RSVP!
- Registrants will receive the participant guide and additional information on Thursday, October 6th.
* To help offset the cost of space rental, food, professional facilitators, materials, child care, and American Sign Language Interpreters, we ask a registration fee of $15-40/person on a sliding scale. If you're not able to pay this amount, please register anyway. We want everyone to be involved! If you feel you can afford more, donations will gladly be accepted on the day of the event.
Building Power Workshop, May 21st, 2016, Keene Valley, NY
25 Westminster Rd
Rochester, NY 14607
Google map and directions